Friday, February 15, 2013

February 13, 2013 --  I'm in the MTC!!!!

(First letter from MTC)

Mom & Dad & Family,

Hola! Oh my goodness. I am in the MTC and I love it so much already.  Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but thanks for being strong for me!  My companion's name is Sister Erickson and she is from Idaho!  She is going to Cordoba, too! I don't have tons of time to write, but they asked us to be sure we wrote you tonight (I wanted to anyway) and let you know that I'm happy, safe, missing you and that I love you.  My p-day isn't till NEXT Friday. So I think that is the 22nd of February.  So don't expect to hear from me till then.   We may be getting a half p-day on Saturday.  No word on my visa yet.  I'm still in the advanced course (I'm the only American-grown girl ... ha, ha) -- we will see what happens.  I love you all so much.  Mom & Dad you've taught me so well.  I'm already learning so much here.  I don't even have time to take it all in.  I kinda feel like a pile of bricks just landed on my face.  We have already done 3 hours of training on learning how to get investigators.  All I've done since I got here is think about what I can do to bring others to Christ -- I love that.  I am absolutely exhausted.  They threw like 5,000 million GB of info at us.  Hopefully, I can take it all in.

Anyway, my good friend Maren from Jr. High took me under her wing.  She gave me a tour and brought me a cookie tonight -- I love her.  I also saw Taylor Thomas 4 times today!  She attacked me with a hug!  She looks beautiful -- I love her a lot.  There are 10 people in my district.  I love it here, but it's hard already -- I've got a LOT to learn.

Tell Jorden thanks for the package and that I love him.  I haven't gotten it yet because mail is not set up for delivery, but I will write him on p-day.  Tell Candy I love her and know that I love you guys so much.  And Mom!!! they have salad here!  Wahoooo!  Can't wait to hear from you guys.  I love you more than life.

Love,
Sister Weenig

PS: Dad, you were right!!  This is hard work.  Puttin' my shoulder to the plow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment