Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Love the MTC!!!!

Family Bonita!!! Como Estan!!!

Hey family! We were given like a 3 hour p-day because we are new and exhausted....but I only have 30 minutes on the email so here it goes..... Holy smokes this is my first time emailing, and it is weird....it is my only connection to the outside word!! I just bearly wrote you all a letter, because I didn't think the internet would be up and running before our laundry was done. but the Lord sends us tender mercies and I get to email today! I just wrote this ridiculously long letter to all of you, so I am sad it won't get there probably till Tuesday because of the holiday. So I will sum up these past few days! WOAH. I am learning so much. I am learning, learning, learning and learning and till my brain wants to explode. I am loving the MTC soooo much! It is one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do, but I love it because it is making me stronger and my Spanish skills are improving immesely. I am in a district of 10, and I am the only white girl. My companion is from Boise, Idaho and is Spaniard in blood. She is really nice and we get along really well. Yesterday we taught our first lesson to our investigator...IN SPANISH! Can you believe that?! I have also already had to write a full talk in the Spanish language, which was fun but hard to do.

The MTC has my whole life planned out for the rest of my stay here.....which is 9 more days! Can you believe that?!?!! Apparently Argentina is being difficult, and we have to meet with the consulate of Argentina before we can even go into the country. They expect us to leave for Argentina on the Feb. 27, but from what we have been hearing, I might be reassigned state-side for up to five months! It just all depends on when the consulate comes back. The problem is, is that the consulate for Argentina was just here last week, so chances are slim that I will be going there anytime soon. Nonetheless, the MTC has full confidence that I should be in Mexico (what I call my "advanced" district). So what I do everyday is pretty much study, pray, study, pray, go to the gym and serve other people. I absolutely love it. It seriously is like a dream---the only thing that would make it better is if I had my family here by my side. But I am getting so much stronger everyday and I am learning more and more every day so I have just loved it. I am learning spanish so ridiculously fast, and that is all thanks to the spirit. Living in the MTC is so peaceful, even though it is the most intense and hardest thing I have ever done. I'm learning so much about the gospel and about learning to love like Christ would love. I know that through Christ all things are possible. But how are you guys? Are you safe? are you healthy? What have you been doing? Why have I seen no kittens ;) ? hahaha I am just kidding. I hardly have time to think of anything else but the gospel and the people that we are teaching because the MTC packs our schedules so chuck-full of stuff I can hardly see straight. I am so happy to be a missionary....it is everything that I thought it would be and much more. The gym isn't quite like Gold's gym, but I am trying to stay in shape. Other than that learning to live with someone isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I actually love it! She is helping me learn to much, and she is so nice.

MOM!!! Thanks a MILLION for the package of AMAZING goodies and for the card and the letter on Dear Elder! I loved it all! And P.S. those red relvet cookies are WAYYYYY better than I could have ever made them! You are already a professional! I am so proud of you guys and all that you are doing! Thanks so much for all your support and love! DAD--Thanks for the email! If I didn't answer all those questions yet, I know that I did in my letter.

Valentines day was so weird! I loved Valentines day, but my companion was the only valentine I really actually had! I have seen so many people I know here! It is like a high school reunion and BYU reunion! I live on the same floor as the beautiful Taylor Thomas and she also has gym time with me....SO AWESOME!!! I love that girl, she is truly a disciple of Christ. And this is for Shaylie...I say Olivia Christensen and we talked for a little bit at lunch! She looks amazing and she says that she is so excited to head to her mission. I told her that Solveigh says Hi. It is really amazing here, which is kinda strange because it is also really hard. Grammar rules and vocabulary that I would study for hours while I was in Mexico, seem to be coming to me within minutes of studying. The Lord truly is incredible, and I have learned more in the  past couple of days than I ever have in any spanish class.

I just want you guys to know that I know that this gospel is so true and that I am here on my mission, away from my family, so that I can help others be with their families forever. I heard this really cool quote today. "A missionary leaves their family for 18 months, so that others can be with theirs for eternity." Which is so true. It is so hard, but I am so so so so SO loving it and learning so much. I can't wait to learn more and am totally 100% dedicated to mastering the language, but more importantly, mastering the ability to teach with the spirit. I have found that it is the most important thing to be able to teach with the spirit...because the spirit can testify in ANY language.

I hope you are all so safe and so happy!! I love and pray for you all so much! I just hope that everything you are doing  you know that I am cheering you on and wishing you the best. Families are forever. And I am so grateful that I get to be with you guys forever---COOLEST THING OF ALL TIME. Tyler, Austin and Hayden---(and shaylie, if she wants)---The mission is the greatest decision you could ever make. It has already changed my life and changed who I am. When you go, you will never regret it. I can't wait to hear about all the experiences you are having. I love you all so much!! Besitos! (kisses in spanish)!!!

I will send you pictures next Friday, I didn't know I would have a computer, and left my camera in my dorm. My dorm is quished p.s. There are like 20000000298401928903801928 billion missionaries here. There are six people in the size of the dorms at BYU. Crazy. I love it though. I love my roommates. I love the work. I can't wait to hear all about your lives, and hear about all the wonderful things you are doing. Apparently only 750 missionaries entered the day I did, and 1,000 are excepted for the next week. It is so inspiring to see all of theses people coming out to serve. My district leader is only 18 years old! so exciting for him. He is awesome. My teachers are awesome. I am running out of time, but know I will send you pictures next week. Know that you are in my prayers and that the GOSPEL IS RIGHT AND IT IS TRUE. I have tried to serve, serve, serve and that is what has made me the happiest, and I know it will make you happy too. Keep up the good work! I love you guys so much! The MTC is such a great place, wish that you could see it. No word on the visa yet, hopefully  soon.

I love you all so much and can't thank you enough for all you do for me and all the support that you give to me.

STAND STRONG!!

your biggest fan,

Hermana Weenig

P.S. :) smile big for me this week and serve someone new!

No comments:

Post a Comment