Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Secret is WORK. I Love this Work

Hola familia bonita!! Te amo muchisimo!! Hey Favorite people in the world, I love you all SO much! Hope this letter finds you smiling and happy. If not, go pray---that has a way of turning everything that is hard or sad upside down :). 

What. a. week. Busy. Crazzzzzzzzzzy busy and wee bit stressful. But guess what? I love it and I STILL love being a missionary ;). In fact, I NEVER want to stop being a missionary!!! NEVER! I love it so much! Being a new trainer, opening up a new area, teaching my "Greeny" companion Spanish (I have the COOLEST companion ever), and learning the ropes of being senior companion is a little overwhelming at times. But I am learning SO much and am exhausted at the end of each day. But it is the best type of exhaustion. Can I tell you something crazy cool? Well, everyday everything I do, think about and have become obsessed with is how I can be a better instrument in the hands of the Lord to help the people around me. Whether it is my companion, the investigators, bishops, ward mission leaders or ANYONE we come in contact with....I just want to help them, teach them and love them. I know that I am so far from perfect, but I know that the Lord is holding my hand and helping me along every step of the way to find and teach the people that He has prepared for us to teach. How I love this great work. But I am reminded over and over again...nothing worth it is EVER easy. I am also reminded that I am Nothing. And although sometimes the tasks ahead of us look super daunting, with the Lord EVERYTHING is possible. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I LOVE THE PEOPLE SO MUCH!! I LOVE THE GOSPEL SO MUCH!!!!!! So much LOVE---but I am so happy even though I am so tired and I love it. I can't explain how I am feeling right now, but just know that I can't stop smiling SUPER huge when I am writing this email. (I may be scaring everyone else here in the computer lab because of this cheesy smile. But it is okay. I am happy and can't thank the Lord for all that He is helping us with and for this INCREDIBLE opportunity to serve.)
My companion and I, since we just had transfers are literally starting a new area that the Spanish sisters have never focused on before. I love my new companion with all my heart. Her name is Sister Schiess from Kaysville, UT (Also a VISA waiter to Argentina) and she is 19. She is so beautiful and so much fun. She likes to play sports and hike! So we are automatically best friends. She is a work horse too, and we push each other to be on our "A" game at all times. We are striving to be 100% obedient to the white handbook, and are setting goals to push us, but are striving everyday to reach those goals. She is the best! I honestly feel so blessed to be able to train her, and feel like she does a lot of training me! We are so excited for this area and this upcoming transfer period. And we have a LOT of work to do. We have literally had to start from ground zero. To say the least, it has been an intense wave of learning 1000000000 things within one week. I have only been out in the field 1 transfer and now have been put as trainer, senior companion and am starting a new area where sister missionaries have never been. It is really fun, but really hard (but a AWESOME type of hard....the type that makes you grow and stretch in all sorts of ways you never knew you would have to). We are working hard TOGETHER to do this. I love it. Lets just say I have been doing a LOT of relying upon the Lord and have been HUMBLED to the dust of the earth. I realize I have not been out long, and that I still have a lot to learn, but I know that the Lord knows what He is doing, even though I feel completely inadequate to do this. But I have been called in this position, and I am going to give it my best shot. I AM SO EXCITED TO START WORKING THIS AWESOME NEW AREA OF BRIGHAM CITY!!!!! so much to
With Sister Schiess (Argentina Bound--Kaysville, UT)
learn!
A little bit about the area. So we are on foot. We walk about 8-10 miles a day and we are knocking doors, and working extremely close with Ward Mission Leaders, bishops and members to find the Hispanics and share the restored Gospel with them. I remember when I found out that we would be opening a new area. I thought---man, how are we ever going to be able to do this? I remember praying, praying and praying and we are STILL praying to know and be guided to find the people the Lord has prepared for us. And this is the part when I tell you about the MIRACLES that have literally unfolded before our eyes. We have had to rely heavily upon the Lord and take leaps of faith into the unknown because we don't have any clue what to do---we are BOTH "greenys"! But the Lord is helping us immensely, thank goodness, because without Him we would be so lost. 

Miracle #50505005934099398: We had just had an big day of tracting. We had been knocking for about 6 hours and had found a new investigator. It was amazing. We honestly didn't think that there would be that many Hispanics...but there was! And they wanted to learn about the Gospel! So we taught a few lessons and it was around 8:45. We had 15 minutes left and decided to go visit one of our investigators. She wasn't home, and we were dead tired. But we decided to pray, because both of us felt like there was someone we needed to see and teach. We had the prompting to get up FAST and go outside on a street near the apartment complex. Just as we were walking to the street, this man was walking by. It was man from Argentina that had been excommunicated from the church and he was having what he called "the worst day of his life." We were able to talk with him for about 30 minutes about hope, the atonement and most importantly Jesus Christ and how he can change and turn his life around again. He is now coming to church with a bounce in his step and I know that one day, hopefully, he will be baptized again. The Lord truly does guide His servants to be exactly where they need to be when they need to be there, if we just let Him and are willing to listen. 

Miracle #3904810398409182908989: We received a couple referrals from the Elders and so we pretty much ran to them. (Anytime there is a hint of Hispanics we are there. We are kind of stalkers, but it is okay. hahaha) But anyways, we were walking through the trailer park and we saw this woman sweeping across from the trailers we had been referred too. She was Hispanic. My companion and I looked at each other and we walked over to her and we (the Spirit) taught her the Restoration and she committed to baptism--we will see if she is golden! Then we walked to the other two houses and one of the other Hispanic ladies was interested as well! amazing! There is so much work to do! 

Funny/loved this moment: We were knocking an apartment complex and this old man answered the door....(there stood us with the CHEESIEST smiles you have ever seen) and without even saying "Hello" he yelled..."Mormons??!?!" and we replied yes. and then without another word--he SLAMMED the door in our face. He was obviously not ready for the greatest blessing in his life.....man. But that is okay. My companion and I just stayed there standing at the door. Smiling. 

Anyways, I hope you know how much I love you. And how much the Lord loves you. The restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the one sure way that we can be happy in this life. I know this is a time of finals, missionary calls, marriage and so much more! Life gets crazy. But never forget to stop and enjoy the journey. My companion is really good at reminding me to do that. We had just had a crazy day and we were about to walk into our apartment when she said. "Wait. Lets just stop and look at the stars." They were so beautiful that night and I was reminded that sometimes the greatest things about life are the simple things. 

I love you all so much and I pray for you everyday! I am so proud of you and all you are doing!! Thanks a million for the support, love, letters, prayers and everything you do and motivate me to become. I look to all of you as my examples and my strength. I love you dearly. Never forget that. 

HERE IS A SHOUT OUT TO MY BROTHER TYLER (SOON TO BE ELDER WEENIG)----- I LOVE YOU AND AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR MAKING THE DECISION TO GO ON A MISSION. My guess for your call is Cordoba, Argentina!!! WE COULD SERVE TOGETHER!! I would love that SO SO SO MUCH! Let me know right when you get your call!! you are going to be the BEST missionary the world has EVER seen. I LOVE YOU! 

Be safe. Be healthy. Be YOU. And remember who you are and the divine path and plan your Father in Heaven has for you. Pray.

STAND STRONG.

Love you all more than anything in the world. 
xoxox

Hermana Weenig

P.S. Challenge of the week: Read the Book of Mormon 10 minutes everyday. It is the GREATEST book on the face of the earth. Study it. Love it. Live it. It makes a difference. I am so much happier when I read the Book of Mormon. :)
We get to serve the BEST people in the world.  I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment