Tuesday, March 26, 2013

As We GLORY in HIS Name

Familia!! Mi amor!! Que tal? To all my most favorite people in the universe,
WHAT A WEEK! This has been the craziest, best, amazing week of my life! I can't even believe it is P-day, because last week flew by! But so many amazing things have been happening, I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I am 100% EXHAUSTED. But I am SO HAPPY. It is an amazing thing. Who knew going all day everyday about the Lord's work would be THIS rewarding. I love it here. It is A LOT of work, but the Lord is guiding us along the path that we need to be on in order to find the people that are ready for us to teach. I have learned on the mission that this is not my mission, it is the Lord's. I have also learned that it isn't my will and what I want to happen all the time....it is His. In life, sometimes things happen, but they happen for a reason. If we are truly giving our best and if we are giving it our all, He will lead us down the path that is best for us. I am trying to learn to take His will and make it mine. and RUN with it. Because life is SO short to worry about things we can't control. All we can do sometimes is just press "Onward, as we glory in His name".

First and foremost! DANIEL AND NATE ARE GETTING BAPTIZED TONIGHT!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! It isn't until after p-day is over, but I will be sure to tell you all about it next week. I feel like I have seen these two men change. The gospel CHANGES you, if you let it. But I have seen this family sincerely make Christ the center of their lives and are giving up a lot of the things that they were doing in their lives just in order to enter into the waters of baptism. They had their baptismal interviews on Sunday. Nate, age 9, was SO nervous for his interview. When he got done, he came screaming out of the door "I PASSED!!!! I AM GOING TO BE BAPTIZED FINALLY!" We gave him high fives and such. He was beaming. Daniel, his father, looks totally different to me now then when I first met him. He has a glow about him. I know that it is because he has allow for the Spirit to take a part in his life. I got a little teary eyed when he humbly told my companion and I, "This change in my life, it is all thanks to you guys. Thank you." Chills went down my spine as I realized---that is why I am here. Even if it is just bringing Daniel and Nate into the fold, even if they are the only ones who will listen and change---it is all worth it for just that one person. It reminded me of the Savior, as a Shepard. He will do anything for just the 1 that is lost. And on Sunday, I got to feel just a little bit of that love and determination to find the lost souls and to strengthen them and help them. I feel like Nate and Daniel are my best friends. The spirit has taught them, and we have striven to help them, and help them know what source to look for for strength. I am so happy. I can't stop smiling. Seeing them and their family. I can't stop smiling. As we have taught them the lessons, even though I can't speak perfect Spanish, it doesn't matter. Because the Spirit teaches in all languages. and THAT is why they are getting baptized. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them. Even more than that I am excited for what the less-active mom is doing. SHE IS COMING TO CHURCH! She also told us she wants to take her family to the temple! WOW!!! So we will be prepping her so she can take her family to the temple to be sealed forever and eternity in a year! I am so excited for them! Wow. Also one more thing about this incredible family. On Sunday, I was a little worried they weren't going to make it to church. But they walked in as we were singing "The Spirit of God" in Spanish. As I looked at them, they were in their BEST DRESS and with the whole family! I smiled so big! They were glowing and the ward members greeted them with such poise. I love the Resendiz family, and the Gospel is LITERALLY changing their lives in so many ways, I just can't believe that I have got to witness that first hand and feel blessed to be apart of these AMAZING changes they are making in their lives! The mom is Navajo and she has been reading the Book of Mormon for like the first time in her life! She is a member, but hadn't gone to church since she was little. Amazing. That is all I can say. Amazing. My trainer wanted me to learn how baptisms work, so I got to do all the planning, programs and everything! I hope that it all works out! It is kinda way stressful with everything else happening! But I am so excited! To see them smile....makes it ALL worth it. Also, they asked me to sing! I will be singing "I know my Redeemer Lives" in Spanish! I feel so honored. Hopefully their ears won't hurt too bad after it, and that they will still want to be baptized!! hahah ;)
We are now a trio! The MTC just shipped out 84 VISA waiters for Argentina! A lot of them to this mission! Argentina government must be giving the church a fit, but I know it is all happening for a reason. So my companion and I are now training a greeny! Her name is Sister Sheiss and she is from Utah too! Crazy right? I just can't believe how many people are in this mission from Utah waiting for Argentina. We are all in the same shoes! But you know what? I've decided I don't have time to worry about that. There are so many people here that need the Gospel. I know the VISA will come for me and for all these missionaries when the people are ready and when the Lord needs us. I am really excited to learn more and to help train! I feel like just yesterday I was coming out of the MTC....man how the time is flying!
So, I can't even tell you how crazily busy it has been. Our zone has baptized 3 people already this week and we've got our 2 today and the president has challenged us to 11 by the end of the week. Our mission on average baptizes 450 a month. Isn't that amazing? I can't believe that! The work is ROLLING forward. I just pray and hope that all these people are truly converted to the Lord, and that they stay strong to the testimonies that they have begun to develop. I feel so blessed when I see all these people stepping into the waters of baptism. They are children of God. and when they go down into the water I get teary eyed because I think to myself that the Savior is standing right by that font saying, "Welcome to the gateway to your eternal life, I am so proud of you for the decision you have made." That is all our Heavenly Father wants. He wants us to get back to Him someday, and wants us to live our lives in a way that we can feel His presence and be guided to be back by His side. That is all I want, and right now I am merely a missionary. Or a guide. I want to help guide these people to the information and the Spirit that can change their lives and bring them to Christ. My two jobs as a missionary is to INVITE and to HELP people come to Christ. Christ is my best friend, and my Redeemer. Because of Him, I can become better than I ever thought that I could. He is the reason I am here on a mission, and He died for me and for all of us. Through Him, we can feel peace, happiness and strength. ONLY through Him can we have those things. I hope this Easter and everyday you remember that---He is YOUR best friend. and He is waiting for you, if you let Him in. He can change us and make us better than we could ever be on our own. I love Easter Sunday, because it is all centered on Christ. But I was thinking...man, our whole lives everyday should be centered around Him. I feel like if we are willing and able to do that everyday that we will feel an incredible change within our lives and things will fall into place! This Easter week I challenge you to think of one way you can put Christ first and make Him the center of your life. I INVITE you to COME to Christ, let Him in. Rely on His atonement for strength and help and REJOICE in the fact that through Him we can return back Home with our Heavenly Father. Because of Him, we can live again. I challenge you do implement one way you can put Christ first this week. Even if it is something small. I promise you will feel more at peace and have a joy that is impossible to explain. and HAPPY EASTER!
We have literally been running to appointments, and lessons. The Lord has put so many people in our way, I just pray we have time and the ability to connect with all of them so that they too can be invited to come unto Christ. We are also knocking down a lot of barriers helping these people learn English. Ever day I get to testify that through my Savior Jesus Christ---the impossible is POSSIBLE. And sometimes they look at me like I am crazy, but it is true. As I teach them English, it is amazing how much I am learning in Spanish!!! The Spanish is making improvement, but I still got a long way to go! Line upon line, precept upon precept....right? :)
 We had exchanges this week, and I learned so much from Sister Martinez. I learned how to teach children the plan of Salvation. I have been able to teach that and the restoration over and over again. And it amazes me, how truly simple it is. I have learned how much our Heavenly Father loves us....I can't describe it. He has given us prophets. He has given us and our families the Gospel. He has given us the plan of Salvation. He has given us His Son. He has given us a way to get back. WOW. We are the LUCKIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!! Sometimes I think we take those things for granted. We are here to be tested because He loves us and wants us back. I hope you never forget that, and that you live everyday accordingly. 
My teaching skills still have a LONG way to go, but I am learning. Preach My Gospel is TRULY inspired, I am trying so hard to soak up every word. Along with all this awesome work that we have cut out for us, my companion and I have been asked to speak in sacrament meetings all over our area!!! Holy smokes!! Stress. All the time. But it is the BEST kind. I am learning so much about public speaking, and am striving to let the Spirit help me know what to say and how to love the people that we come in contact with. I love it. This past Sunday, the topic was about true conversion. I realized that conversion is a life time process! EVERYDAY we are to strive to represent and BE like the Savior was, and man. I have a long way to go. But I am trying, and I know through Him, my weaknesses will become strengths.
We also had a training this week from Brother Donaldson (the mission president in the District 1) ! I learned so much about being a BOLD missionary. We are helping people with salvation....so we NEED to be bold. Also he told us a little secret, and it isn't set in stone---but----Dad was right! Missionaries might be getting iPads! And guess what? our mission has been chosen to be the pilot mission! Elder Holland said that he is so excited about it--as our schedules, GPS where potential investigators live, and lessons will be all electronic through iCloud. We haven't got them yet, but they said that the Church wants them soon. Very soon. So we will see. The church believes that this will accelerate missionary work along with the FLOOD of missionaries that are surging into the field. I can't even imagine how powerful using the technology we have been blessed with with bless the lives of so many. I can't even imagine. The work is ROLLING forth, and this is honestly the BEST time to be a missionary!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
We had a sister's conference and I got to meet all these amazing women! Among them are my friends from Samoa! We had a blast sitting down at dinner one night and singing Hymns to the Ukulele! Dad and Tyler---Samoa sounds amazing! They told me all about it! I hope you enjoy it there! Our band name is "The Sunflowers". I like to call it "3 Samoans and a White girl." hahaha. The sisters here are so great, I learn so much from them.
Anyways, it has been a great week! and I can't wait for the one that is coming. Life as a missionary isn't easy.....at all. But it is SO worth it. I hope that this week you find a way this week to put Jesus Christ first and to remember the love that He has for you and the person that you can be with His help. Easter is a glorious time! "For God so loved the world, He gave His only Begotten Son." I hope you remember that, I know you will....because you are all amazing and MY HEROES. I hope this email finds you smiling, healthy, safe and happy! We can change. We can change the world. Everything is possible through Jesus Christ. But the trick is learning to love Him and to love ourselves before we can share that love with others.
Have an incredible week! Know that I am praying for you, cheering you on and want nothing but the best for you!! I love you ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :) God speed! Make it a great week!
STAND STRONG!!
Your biggest fan,
Hermana Weenig


This is a stained glass window in one of the chapels here.  Do you recognize it?   It was features on the cover of the Ensign a few months ago!  Beautiful masterpiece!!

With my awesome trainer Sister Muirllo.
Teresa, a wonderful woman we teach from Mexico.
Sister missionary friends from Samoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment