Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Will Go Where You Want Me to Go, Hear Lord

Querido Familia BONITA!!! TE AMO MUCHISIMO! Hola to my most favorite people in the UNIVERSE.
I LOVE being a missionary. And I have learned over and over again that sometimes we just have to enjoy the journey and focus on the things that WE control....because everyone has their agency.
The Lord truly works in mysterious ways. I have been transferred to "white-wash" an area (which means start from ground zero as far as there is no one that the last missionaries found to teach) called Pleasant View, which is a suburb of South Ogden. My mission president put me with 2 sisters who have been out 12 and 14 months respectively. They are wonderful girls and have seen a lot of success on their mission! Their names are Sister Pena and Sister Marin--from Honduras and the other from Idaho. 
Despite the fact that this was a dead area, we had a BAPTISM THIS WEEKEND!!!! WAAAA HOOO!!! Her name is Casey Stadden. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is a mom of one child who recently went through a really rough divorce. The reason that she was able to be baptized this weekend was because she has been attending church for the past 6 months, and she was ready to be baptized. She is so quiet, but so powerful. She works as a psychologist and she is so smart. I had the opportunity to sing at her baptism---"I know that my Redeemer Lives", Casey said that is her favorite song. Casey is one that was carefully prepared by the Lord and one that will go to be sealed to her daughter in one year's time. I am so SO SO SO excited for her!!! Although I wasn't among the missionaries that found Casey, watching her make changes and ultimately be baptized has changed my life. The gospel really is so simple. It truly is a matter of having faith, repenting, getting baptized (or partaking the sacrament every week), living worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost and NEVER giving up. Watching her get baptized and come unto Christ gave me the chills. My favorite part about baptism is what the converts look like after they have been baptized. She was LITERALLY glowing! It was amazing!! After she came out she couldn't stop smiling! I gave her a huge hug and I asked her--How do you feel? And she said "I can't even describe it! I am so happy and so clean!" I was just----on cloud nine for her! I am so proud of her and the decisions that she is making! Baptisms are my new favorite thing. We set a goal as a companionship for 4 baptism in the next 6 weeks. We have got one so far, so hopefully the Lord will lead us to the people who are ready to come unto Jesus Christ. I love baptism. But I also I love more people that are changing their lives to come unto Jesus Christ.
I have started to learn how to truly FEAST on the scriptures. I love them. I am trying to memorize one a day, but it is hard. I have been seeking the gift of tongues along with the gift of remembrance. The developing of these gifts are slow, but coming step by step. I am also trying to master the art of asking inspired questions, because I have found that when people have to ponder and think about the answer to a question they learn a lot faster!! But I am learning the INCREDIBLE power of the Book of Mormon! Guess what? all of your questions can be answered through the Book of Mormon! This I can testify and I know! I have found that over and over again as I have sought out my own questions and the questions of my investigators! We were helping a struggling member and one of the scriptures I memorized helped her out! I was so excited! But it wasn't me, it was the Spirit!!!
Thanks so much for all that you do for me and everyone! I love you all SO much. Please keep up the good work and never forget what you are worth. Serve someone today and SMILE....life is way too good.
xoxoxox
Hermana Weenig :)
Casey Stadden

P-day hike near Pleasant View, Utah:  Sister Marin (Idaho) Sister Pena (Honduras)

No comments:

Post a Comment