Monday, December 30, 2013

Felez Navidad!!:) and Prospero Ano

 I love being a missionary. It literally is the dream life, and especially at this time of year when hearts are lighter and more open to hear about our Savior Jesus Christ. One of my favorite parts about this Christmas was that I got to see you guys! I was so happy and felt like I was in a dream, your smiling faces lit up this girl's face. I love you, and I hope you know that. I also realized that I love this time of the year and the gospel of Jesus Christ because it centers around Love. A love for God, Jesus Christ, others and ourselves. All that we do in the gospel is based off of love. And as a missionary (I don't know if this is creepy or not...totally not) but I LOVE everything, everyone and every time. I can't stop smiling and talking to complete strangers and sharing the best part about my life and my family's life. God really is a being of Love and wants us to love Him and each other. We can be filled with it everyday, and man--it makes life SO much better.
 
Miracles have been happening right and left and it has been a CRAZY busy week. We taught over 40 lessons this past week and the amazing part about this ward is that almost all the lessons were with a member or in their home. The work of the Lord is truly hastening and to see it first hand is the one of the coolest things that I have ever experienced in my whole life.
 
Juan, the man that we met in the street the other day is preparing to be baptized at the end of January. AMAZING. On Christmas Eve, we met with him and a member and he said that he is out of the house because all of his friends where drinking and he didn't want to be apart of it. He said, "I just feel like it is time to change. I need God." Half in shock, we taught the restoration. He comes to church, he reads, and he wants to be baptized. Afterwards, the ward members invited him over to spend Christmas Eve with them. It was truly a Christmas MIRACLE.
 
Christmas eve and Christmas as a missionary was something so unreal and indescribable. Christmas eve we actually taught a lot of lessons to investigators. We also went caroling as a district. This was like pretty hard-core caroling though. We went to an apartment complex and we knocked all the doors on a floor and then starting singing Christmas Hymns in Spanish. All the Hispanics would come out and listen. It was amazing. We had a lot of people after ask of if we could come back and teach their families! Miracles. One family is really interested, and apparently was familiar with the church in Bolivia, but wants to know more!! So much singing! I love it! After, we went to some of our investigators, and then Javier, Emma and Vanessa's (who is the coolest family I have ever had the chance to meet and teach on my mission). Since Hispanics celebrate Christmas on Noche Buena, which is the night before, we had a huge dinner with them and share the Christmas story with them. We exchanged some gifts and they were in tears. We gave them a pin of the temple and Javier said to us---"It is my biggest goal and biggest dream to enter into these doors." WOW! Javier and Vanessa are set to get married soon so they can finally be baptized! They are so ready and we are so excited for all the changes they are making. Christmas day was so much fun! We did a lot of service and part of that was singing at an old folks home! I will never forget this Christmas because it was honestly one of the most fun, and most fulfilling. Seeing all these people I love so much and serving them, and serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ---there is NOTHING like it.
 
Shout-out: THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO SENT OUT CHRISTMAS CARDS AND GIFTS! It made my Christmas and meant the world to me! I loved it! Thank you!
 
Ana is a miracle. We were out walking to a lesson, and then we heard "Hermanas!" There was Ana, a investigator the missionaries taught a long time ago. She invited us to come and teach her and help her come closer to Christ. We were so excited, and even more excited to see that she had read in the Book of Mormon when we got there! She is going to be baptized sooooo soon too! I can't wait for her. She is so sincere and really wants to know what will help her to be a good person and mother. The cool thing is, is that the Gospel really is the answer to that. There is no "how to be a good parent" book out there. That is why God gave us the Gospel and the scriptures.
 
Amazing things are happening in this ward I can't even describe it all! But one thing I do know for sure is that member missionary work is the best way to do this great work. Members here are catching the vision of inviting friends over and sharing the gospel with us there! The other night we taught a lesson with 5 investigators of a some friends of Hermana Miranda (a lady in the ward)! She is amazing! At that lesson, we had a pretty cool experience there that caused me to do a LOT of reflection on my life--who am I? Who do I want to be? what goals do I have for my life? As the Spirit guided the lesson we talked about faith and setting goals. I realized that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance and living the Gospel principles we can do and become all things God wants us to be! God wants us to succeed and be happy. If we set high goals, I know we can achieve them---and He will help us every step of the way!
 
Thank you so much for being you, I love you. Also I hope you take this time of year and do a LOT of reflection on who you are, who you want to be and how you can more fully make Jesus Christ the CENTER of your life and everything that you are. I know that as I have put His will first and done the best I can to give all to Him, I have been happier and have seen miracles happen everyday. HAPPY NEW YEAR! The beauty of the Gospel, I am seeing it more and more everyday is that we have a Savior, Jesus Christ. That through Him, and only through Him, can we reach our full potential, change from our "fallen" state, and become glorified. That is all I want. I hope this new year finds you making some awesome goals. Don't be afraid to reach for the stars! If you rely on Christ and have faith in Him, He will help you achieve them. I love you and pray for you always! Have a wonderful week and BE SAFE!!
 
STAND STRONG.

Hermana Weenig
Christmas dinner with Javier, Vanessa and Emma and Family!

Christmas day!! Sang at the Old Folk's home! This lady was from France! We became best friends and she said she will take me to France after my mission! :)

Best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

Our Christmas tree and p-jays on Christmas eve! CLASSIC!



We had the amazing opportunity to tour George Washington's home! What an incredible leader and man.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment